Saturday 8 December 2012

Been there, done that

Well, I did it and so did Underhill. I wasn't sure yesterday evening as I had to use a hammer and a crowbar to separate the two boards and the scenery took on a bit of a different shape. However, I got up early and got to the hall for 8 am to give myself plenty of time to make repairs and all was up and running by 9ish giving time to pop to Spooner's for bacon butty and coffee; result.



I met some old friends and made some new ones which was nice and the layout seemed to go down well with the public especially a couple of children and an elderly lady. I'm sure that says something about my modelling, I'll take it as a compliment but I'm not sure.


I will need to re think the join of the two boards before NGN in March, not sure how yet and to be honest a bit of a break from modelling would be nice.... a day or so anyway.


One of the people I met was Neil Rushby of Rushby's Resins who's little carriage and Darjeeling tea van can be seen above, he very kindly gave me a present of a couple of 'seconds' of the casting for the coach so I think they will be my next project.

No comments: